Sublime: productive of the strongest emotion which the mind is capable of feeling

Fashion, Beauty and Literature are Utterly Sublime.

This is the sister blog to http://lady-winsome.blogspot.com, here Lady Winsome muses on all things fashion and life...

Friday, August 14, 2009

The Coming Season is Full of Colour... Oh dear.


As I have already discussed bold prints and colours are coming in this Spring. In fact, they dominate. It is all about being feminine, rather than tom-boyish as has been in vogue in previous seasons.

For me this raises several stumbling blocks. I love black. I love long cardigans, oversized items. They are my safety. My best friends. I am not entirely sure way, I am a size 8-10, but they are still my safety blankets. So the amount of colour in editorials freaks me out, last Summer I got into white, but still no colour.

This must be the season to change.

Heaps of things are happening in my life right now, lots of positive and exciting change. So it must be time for a change, for a step up. To stand out in colour, rather than blend into the background in the safety of black, and grey. So bring it on I say...

I think I will start with a touch of colour on my eyelids, from the Yves Saint Laurent palette I am lusting after (http://lady-winsome.blogspot.com/) and then move onto clothes... I am sure that in no time I will be wearing floral dresses and colourful tops... I may even ditch the black cardigan/safety blanket, and take a well deserved and well overdue change.

As perverse as it is, as a child I never wore black, and my Mother never wears black... I don't quite know how I became so stupidly addicted... Time for daughter to take a page out of Mum's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment