Sublime: productive of the strongest emotion which the mind is capable of feeling

Fashion, Beauty and Literature are Utterly Sublime.

This is the sister blog to http://lady-winsome.blogspot.com, here Lady Winsome muses on all things fashion and life...

Monday, August 17, 2009

Learning to Wear Colour... Day One and Two

Seeing as I have a phobia of colour... as a lot of women do, I have decided to take baby steps into the world of colour, and document it, so that 1. I know I am actually doing it, and 2. to prove to all of you that it is possible to break ones boundries!

Ok, so lets count yesterday as Day 1, as I took a huge step on the coloured brick road... I brought a Navy Eyeliner!Ok, so for a lot of you, this is anything but a step (navy is a close cousin of black I know, but this is massive for me!). I wore blue jeans... but I don't think that really counts. Oh I wore a pale yellow and white jumper! But confession time, it was almost completely covered by a black cardigan and then dark denim jacket. Ooops. Ok so day 1, not overly successful. But I did get the eyeliner!

Today, Day 2, I have been discussing with beauty loving friend in the know, and she has advised me on several choices I need to make to take the next step with colour on my face... Orange Eyeliner... REALLY??! (it doesn't come out till Sept, by then I very well may be ready), and a popping green eye shadow... that is manageable, in fact I even got excited about mixing it with the navy eyeliner! And I haven't even got it yet... I am definately heading in the right direction! I think a trip to the MAC counter could be on the cards this afternoon to ensure I strike while the iron is hot! In terms of outfit... have grey on top, not black... ok so I need to do some work there.

No comments:

Post a Comment